1) I’m not a doctor, but it seems to me that things are escalating between the U.S. and Russia. This time, Russia is “enraged” by a deal between the U.S. and Poland to place an American missile defense system in Poland.
2) Mets swept the Nats, Yanks- despite their best efforts- were unable to get a loss last night due to a stubborn schedule that said they didn’t have a game, Phelps moved one gold (and WR) closer to Spitz’s record, and two Americans went 1-2 in the all-around gymnastics competition. On a related note, more evidence is surfacing that the Chinese athletes who look eight years old are not 16 (as claimed by host China), but probably 12 or 14. I’m not sure it matters much in terms of “fairness”- but rules are rules and if other countries can’t do it, China can’t either.
3) Former Wall Street execs- more expendable than our Trader, who soldiers on- are being forced to find new careers, some of them in cupcakes.
4) Chris “Mad Dog” Russo is gone.
5) The esteemed author of the aforementioned Obamanation and Unfit for Command books is apparently a 9/11 conspiracy theorist. This’ll do wonders for his credibility.